San Francisco Street Art

I’m constantly inspired by the things I find pasted up around my neighborhood.
I don’t know who did this piece, but if I had to guess, I’d say Sam Flores.
Can anyone confirm or deny?
There’s also a nice piece behind it that I got a couple snaps of, too.
Any thoughts on who might have done that one?

San Francisco Street ArtSan Francisco Street Art

What inspires you in your neighborhood?

1. Jessica says:

The second one is definitely swoon. I see her stuff here in nyc all the time. She also was apart of this group of artist that made some boats this summer that floated from troy NY down to NYC called Switchback Sea.. look it up.. really cool.

2. nicola says:

I’m now inspired to go out and take photos of my favorite street pieces. Not least because I fear their days are numbered 🙁 Even after a poll by Lonely Planet found Melbourne’s street art and lanes were the most popular cultural attraction in the nation, ahead of the National Gallery and Kakadu, the stupid, ignorant, idiotic state Premier said today about laneway art “I don’t think graffiti is what we want to be displaying .. We’ve put through very tough laws to discourage graffiti – it’s a blight on the city.” *sigh*

I know I will be inspired in the next week by http://evolpad.livejournal.com/24783.html and http://happypea.livejournal.com/250991.html

3. Miss Elle says:

I was going to say Sam Flores, too. Looks a lot like his 12 Grain stuff. I just did a post on him a while back, he’s my favey.

4. Kate says:

Wow – I wish all street art was that awesome. I’ve just arrived in London recently and what inspires me here is the fashion… not all of it, albeit, but there are some girls that just work it everyday and wear their clothes in ways I could never imagine – like wearable art.

5. Aimee says:

hey. Happy birthday, assmonkey.

6. Aimee says:

by the way, it is definitely October 1st. over here in Boston. your blog’s time keeper is a liar.

7. Adam says:

I loved this piece! This was outside that gallery at Haight and Pierce last fall, right? I think someone stole it. I used to walk by to catch the bus every day, and then it was just gone. I went in the gallery to ask who did it and they said they didn’t know, someone just put it up.

I’d say it’s def not Flores though. Looks way different from his stuff. For instance, take a look at the way the two artists draw hands differently…