Wish List to Santa

En route to brunch the other day, I happened upon this public wish list for Santa on someone’s garage door.
I’d seen wish lists of this sort before, but typically they are present in very family-centric places like shopping malls, and they’re covered in scribblings from various children.

This list, however, was right in the middle of San Francisco’s most fabulous neighborhood, the Castro. This allowed for a considerably more varied list, including some decidedly more adult wishes.

Wishes

Wishes on this list ranged from the banal to the truly inspiring.

Wishes

I sat with pen in hand for quite some time when I realized there wasn’t anything in particular that I was truly in need of.
This is what I wrote:

My anti-wish

When we got to brunch at Samovar, my feelings of satisfaction were cemented with the sheer glory of a Moroccan tea service with friends.

Moroccan Tea Service

We exchanged gifts, and enjoyed much tea and merriment.

Gifting!

Somewhere in the middle of everything, for the first time in my life, I actually cried because I was so happy.
I made Tim photograph the moment for posterity.

Happy Tears

I am so grateful for my dear friends, for the wonderful city I reside in, for all the love I have the privilege of giving and receiving each day.

Thanks everybody, for making my life awesome.

1. Chunk Kelly says:

Thank you for being a grand friend and a joy to be around. This was one of my favorite days ever and I'm glad I got to share it with you.

2. birdie says:

Amazing.

Your wish to Santa gave me a *sigh*.
    .-= birdie´s last blog ..The Holiday Spirit =-.

3. Mary says:

I love your contribution to the wish list. Also, that photo of you is straight up beautiful!
    .-= Mary´s last blog ..Ommwriter and The Chirp Chirp Chirp =-.

4. Jolie O'Dell says:

Oh, yay hooray, Miss Star! I’m so glad you had a happy XMess. =)

And Samovar is the shit.

You are beautiful, and I hope your 2010 is full of beautiful things and moments, too!

5. Nubby says:

You are so awesome! I can’t believe how happy you look! You deserve it.
    .-= Nubby´s last blog ..Kristin Cofer Photography Identity =-.

6. You are my inspiration in this moment, Star. Thank you so f.ing much.

7. 🙂 I'm happy that you're happy! Sounds like what I wrote in my journal the day before I almost died, and if anything, it's only more the case every time I think about it.

8. fantastic, fantastic post! i am super glad you feel this way. also wow, that tea service looks fantastic 😀
    .-= Melissa Dominic´s last blog ..Cartography :: Excerpt 001 =-.

9. little melinda says:

you just made my eye go a misty way…

<3!