IMG 3015 2 640x959 Happy Halloween! via ThisIsStar.com

Hey everyone!
I hope all of you had a super great Halloween!

Last year, I went as Velma from Scooby Doo, so this year I felt like doing something a little more elegant.
After talking some costume ideas over with Tim, we decided to be silent film stars!
On Friday, I went the The Rocky Horror Picture Show & won 2nd prize in their costume contest.
Last night, on Halloween Proper, I went to the party at the Rickshaw Stop, and Tim and I narrowly missed winning their costume contest.
We were beaten out by a girl with a sweet spacesuit- who had an awesome gun that shot bubbles. I wish I had a picture to show you!

IMG 3033 2 640x959 Happy Halloween! via ThisIsStar.com

I just love Tim’s retro suit!
Also- I’m amazed that we managed to find black dry-erase boards.

IMG 3017 2 640x426 Happy Halloween! via ThisIsStar.com

I got this amazing wig from the awesome folks at Retro Fit.
I’m pretty sure that I will never buy a wig elsewhere, as long as I live in SF!

What were you guys for Halloween?
What did you do?

1. YOUR WIFEY says:

YOU GUYS LOOK AMAZING! So perfect! I adore you!

2. Brandi says:

Love the costume and I totally agree with you on Retro Fit. I live close by there and the wigs there are amazing.

3. You look AWESOME! Super super cute and so clever.

4. i LOVE your costumes! very wonderful.

I spent Halloween in Miami! We went to Rocky Horror as well (but on Satuday) at the Gusman, which was beautiful. I was a walking autopsy case (http://www.brokennerves.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/IMG_9270.jpg) in a little black dress for a murder mystery dance party we hit up afterwards. Then on actual Halloween I watched a bunch of movies (astroboyyyy~) and ate tacos and went to a party where someone made me an early bday cake! (i’ll be 27 tomorrow!)

YAAY!

5. Colin says:

Style’n! Great costume idea. Humorously I ran across this in my feedreader and wondered who it was at first as I didn’t recognize you. That awesome wig completely changes your appearance.

6. afef says:

Sweet Costume!! It’s really original! :)

Originally i was going as a bloody french maid but my hat ended up too big so i swapped it for a mini tophat and umm … i looked not very maid-ish anymore… i also got hit on my a creepy guy which could’ve easily sparked a fight between him and the bf … ^^;; niiiiiice! But apart form that it was a great night out :D! i just love halloween and seeing what people wear as costumes :) my favourite that evening was a guy wearing a tophat a black suit with jack the ripper news pinned all over & headless bride holding her own head ^^

7. Jolie O'Dell says:

Beautiful, Miss Star!

8. Brenna says:

I know this is a few years too late but I am thinking of doing this for a costume this halloween. For makeup what did you do? I am fairly pale to begin with so I was thinking I might not even need to do too much aside from a really light powder foundation. Any tipe would be great.

Thanks!