This has been a packed week, my friends. Here’s a quick rundown of all the stuff I snapped!
1. My neighbors are painting their house purple! I took a ton of pictures of it while they were painting. It was an awesome purple mess.
2. Upon upgrading my phone, one of the first things I did was download the Decim8 App, as it wouldn’t work on the previous OS. I haven’t really figured out how to work it into my regular photo editing workflow yet, but here’s a first try. This was originally a photo of a crazy lamp.
3. I’m in love with this pencil burst mirror! Too bad it was over $500. I took this photo after coming from a job interview at California College of the Arts, where I was applying to teach a summer comics class for 9th graders.
I got the job! So come July, I’ll be teaching the next generation the ways of the sequential arts. Call me Professor.
4. When I was on my way to the interview, I was taking the BART into Oakland. The windows are so grimy it’s like shooting with a filter even if you don’t use one. This is, of course, filtered- but the dirt really made the photo.
5. I actually took this picture in the Rare Device window a few weeks back, but only got around to editing it now.
This was a just a tiny section of the original picture.
6. Similar to the Decim8 shot above, this was also edited with a new app I’ve been trying out. Gelo lets you add overlays that are similar to using colored gel in analogue photography. I liked the result, but you guys in instagramland seemed less impressed, so I’m probably going to try to use it more creatively next time.
7. I stumbled along this random pony when I was coming home from recording this week’s Destroy All Podcast on Alien. Click that if you want to hear me give nerds a typography lesson.
8. Lastly, here’s a shot from West Portal- an area I haven’t spent much time in until recently. The whole street is lined with lovely gnarled trees, made all the more lovely when the light is as nice as it was in this shot.
Here’s looking forward to next week!